I know you’ve all been waiting for my list of the Top 10 SICK horror films of 2018. It is NOT in any particular order of sickness. These are just 10 that stood out from the pack for me this past year. I am certain you would not agree. Feel free to email me your picks and why you thought they should make the Rippersmooth cut at IMNOS4A2@gmail.com and just maybe I’ll add then to my list. Some but not all I have reviewed.
I.M. NOSFERATU’S LIST OF TEN SICK HORROR FILMS IN 2018
1. Halloween — As good as original
2. Bird Box — See No Evil — saved Netflix’s ass for now
3. A Quiet Place — Hear No evil
4. Venom — Only on list because of Tom Hardy
5. Unsane — Proving that anyone with an I-Phone can make a movie
6. Truth or Dare —Could have had more scares, but PG rating held it back — still made cut
7. Mandy — Remember Drive Angry? Cage drives angrier.
8. The Meg — Although it jumps the shark — literally, it’s Rippersmooth and not just a Jaws rip
9. Overlord — Works as both Horror and WWII flick
10. The First Purge — Rippersmooth prequel layered with social issues like Get Out
I.M. Nosferatu hails from Gehenna (look it up). He has an encyclopedic mind for horror, sci-fi, paranormal, and the occult. He has myriad other hobbies and interests which may not be appropriate to print here (or to divulge at all), but his mission in life (and death) at least for our purposes, is to find good (or as he puts it “sick”), spine-chilling, blood-curdling media in the horror genre and tout it to the world. He is a straight shooter and calls ‘em like he sees ‘em. He will not suffer fools, sycophants, ass-kissers, brown-nosers, and other suck-ups. Pillow Talking is thrilled to have him on board as a guest blogger despite having never met him face-to-face and dealing solely through emails (at odd hours of the night).
If you have something in particular you would like for I.M. Nosferatu to review, you may contact him (if you dare) at IMNos4A2.gmail.com.